Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Morning of Ashoura


When, in the morning, the soldiers approached Husain, peace be upon him, he raised his hands and said:

O, Allah, I entreat thee! In all sorrow and sadness, you are my support and the one upon whom I rely! And you are my hope in all my troubles! And in everything that happens to me and whatever comes down upon me, you are my power and certainty.

How many difficulties and sorrows there are which weaken the heart; and solutions and strategies fall short in solving them; and friends leave a person alone; and enemies unleash their cruel tongues. I have brought the weight of this sadness and troubles to you; and I complain to you about them; because I lean and gravitate toward you; and because I tend toward no other! So Allah, do away with all of these and take care of my affairs completely!

Thus, oh my Lord! You are the Waliy of all good things! And the holder of all Goodness; and the destination of all longing!

No comments: