Thursday, January 17, 2008

We could Never Abandon You!


Near sunset on Tasua, the ninth of Muharram, the Eminent Lord of the Martyrs, peace be upon him, gathered his companions. The Eminent Ali ibn Husain, Zain ul Abideen said, “At that time I was ill, but went close so I could hear what he was saying to them. I heard my father speak thus to his companions.

‘I praise Allah, with the best of all praises; and I praise him in times of happiness as well as in times of trouble.

O Allah! I truly praise and thank you for ennobling us with the Prophecy! And for teaching us the Quran! And that you made us experts, knowledgeable in religion!

Now, I know of no companions better and more loyal than mine, and no family that has more goodness or a better lineage than mine; therefore, Allah, on my behalf, give them the best possible rewards.

Know that I give you all my permission to leave; so, all of you may leave. I have unfastened your oath of allegiance to me and I have no claim or right upon you.

The night has come and covers you; ride it like a fast camel; and disperse!’

His brothers and children, and the sons of his brother and the sons of Abullah ibn Jafar and Muslim bin Ausjeh, and Zuhair ibn Al Qayn and a group of others stood; And all of them said in an pleading tone: ‘We won’t remain alive with you after you! May Allah not keep us alive after you! Never, never, will we do such a thing; rather we wish we had several lives and we could sacrifice them all for you!’”

No comments: